Run an 8K Road Race in the stunning surrounds of Roundstone in the heart of Connemara to support our local RNLI Lifeboat service.
Chip Timing will be provided. €20 online entry fee.
Start Time for the race is 1pm on Saturday 18th May, 2013
The race takes in some of the most breathtaking scenery on the west coast of Ireland, and follows a figure of 8 loop beginning and ending in Roundstone Village.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Male Overall
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Female Overall
- 1st Male Over 40, Over 50 and Over 60
- 1st Female Over 40, Over 50 and Over 60
Not just content with putting on solely an 8K Race, we really want you enjoy your time in Roundstone, and the key to that will be ensuring a fantastic atmosphere.
- There will be a DJ prior to, and after the race, at the start-finish line.
- Count on plenty of locals cheering on your every step!
- Take in the fantastic scenery and views on landmark sights such as Gurteen Beach, Ervallagh Harbour, The Twelve Bens and Roundstone Village itself
- Spent a bit of time enjoying the banter with your fellow runners; be they local or even from further afield.
- And why not consider spending a night or two in Roundstone and making a right old weekend of it!
The Apres-Run Party
Roundstone is renowned for its welcoming atmosphere and also for its festivals and events throughout the year. This years Apres-Run party will take place in The Shamrock Bar on Saturday evening and the fun-theme will still be going strong as we crank up the fun with Classic Rock Hits from performers extraordinaire Peter Byrne and the Glass Onion Band. If you haven't caught these guys before then you are in for a treat!
There will also be Traditional Irish music session in the village pubs, so why not go for a stroll, take in the atmosphere and feel free to sample the best that Roundstone has on offer!
For more info, visit www.roundstonebay8k.com